PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING CARBONVANES.IE
TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
INFORMATION ABOUT US
carbonvanes.ie is a site operated by SD Industrial Equipment Limited. We are registered in Ireland under company registration number 521926 and have our registered office at 5 West Main Street, Cahersiveen, Co. Kerry, Ireland V23 PR84.
Our main trading address is 5 West Main Street, Cahersiveen, Co. Kerry, Ireland V23 PR84 .
Our VAT number is IE1113339IH
We are a limited company.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
ACCESSING OUR SITE
YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
● use of, or inability to use, our site; or
● use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site. If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
● loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
● business interruption;
● loss of anticipated savings;
● loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
● any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR SITE
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with acceptable standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy TO ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software. You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy. If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
SD INDUSTRIAL EQUIPMENT LIMITED are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 to 2003 (the Acts), the data controller is SD INDUSTRIAL EQUIPMENT LIMITED having its registered office at 5 West Main Street, Cahersiveen, Co. Kerry, Ireland V23 PR84 (Company Registration No. 521926)
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is ANDREA DOBOS.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
● Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site carbonvanes.ie or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
● Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
● technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
● information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
● Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
General information on cookies
The cookie is data sent to the visitor browser by the visited website (in variable name-value form) to store it, and later the same website can load its contents. Cookies may expire, they may be valid until closing the browser, or even for an unlimited period of time. Later these data will be sent to the server by the browser in all HTTP(S) requests. Thus the data on the user’s computer is modified. Due to the nature of web services, the purpose of cookies is designed to remember a user (e.g. entering a page) and handle them accordingly. The danger lies in the fact that this user is not always aware of this, and cookies enable tracking the user by the website operator or other service providers whose content is built into the site (e.g. Facebook, Google Analytics, AdWords), and to create a profile; in which case the content of the cookies can be considered personal data. Technically indispensable session cookies: the page would not work functionally without these; they are used to identify the user, for instance, these are needed to check if the user signed in, what is in their basket, etc. This typically stores a session-id; other data is stored on the server, as it is safer. There is a security aspect when the session cookie value is not correctly generated, there is a risk of session hijacking; therefore it is critical that these values are generated correctly. In other terminology a session cookie means cookies that are deleted when closing the browser (a session is browser usage from start to exit).
Cookies assisting use: cookies that remember user choices, for example, in what form the page should be displayed. These are basically cookies storing settings. 2.3.3. Cookies assisting performance: although they do not have much to do with ;performance;, they usually call cookies that gather information about the users behavior, time spent and clicks on the site they visit. These are typically applications of a third party (e.g. Google Analytics, AdWords, Yandex.ru), and are capable of creating profiles of users. More information on Google Analytics cookies: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookieusage
If the other conditions are identical, the service provider shall choose and always operate the tools used to provide the service related to information society in a way that personal data shall only be processed if this is strictly necessary for the provision of the service and for the fulfillment of other purposes specified in this Act, but even in this case only to the extent and time necessary.
- Cookies assisting use: These cookies remember user choices, for example, in what form the page should be displayed. These are basically cookies storing settings. The legal basis for data processing is the visitors consent. Purpose of the data processing: To improve efficiency of service, increase user experience, and easier use of the website.
- Cookies assisting performance: They usually gather information about the users behavior, time spent and clicks on the site they visit. These are typically applications of a third party (e.g. Google Analytics, AdWords). The legal basis for data management: the consent of the data subject. Purpose of the data processing: analyzing the website, sending advertisements.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
● Information you give to us. We will use this information:
● to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
● to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
● to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form OR registration form]);
● to notify you about changes to our service;
● to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
● Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
● to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
● to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
● to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
● as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
● to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
● to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
● Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in the Companies Acts 1963 to 2013. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
● Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
● Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
● Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
● Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
● In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
● If SD Industrial Equipment Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at 5 West Main Street, Cahersiveen, Co. Kerry, Ireland V23 PR84. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.